Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Case Study No. 1143: Mister Johnson the School Librarian

the school librarian
0:54
a poem dedicated to the many school librarians...
Tags: school librarians children's poetry literature humour Poem
Added: 1 year ago
From: stevenherrick
Views: 474

"The School Librarian" by Steven Herrick
from "Untangling Spaghetti" (University of Qld Press)

This is dedicated to all the school librarians.
Our librarian has long fingernails
And carries a brown leather bag
Drives a bright green sportscar
Loves the wind in their hair
Our librarian wears smart clothes
Strong colors
Black patent leather shoes
Our librarian has perfect skin
And a long ponytail
Our librarian has sparkling diamond earrings
And a big opal ring that flashes when they write on the board
Our librarian laughs a lot
Calls us "young lady" or "young man"
Never shouts, listens to everything we say
We love our librarian
His name is Mister Johnson

For books and school visits go to www dot stevenherrick dot com dot au

---

From stevenherrick.com.au:

Untangling Spaghetti is a collection of my favourite poems from my three books for children - poetry, to the rescue; my life my love my lasagne; and love poems and leg-spinners. It's a book I've been wanting to release for years as I perform many of these poems in my school show. At last, they are all in the one book! I thank University of Queensland Press for publishing them in such a neat package.

University of Queensland Press 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment