Thursday, February 7, 2013

Case Study No. 0777: Unnamed Female Librarian (Party in the Library)

Party In The Library (Parody of Party In The USA)
3:23
Become a fan on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ thetobiaremushow

Follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/tobiaremu

Follow me on Tumblr!
http://www.tobiaremu.tumblr.com

iPod Version:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQLFUIMH

Mp3 Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?omokq1gxjlg

Lyrics:
I hopped out the car at NHS
It's time to start studyin'
Welcome to the land of books and maps
Whoa, am I gonna fit in?
Jumped in a seat, here I am for the first time
Look to my right
And I see a do not talk sign
This is all so crazy
There's a guy named Shamus

My tummy's turnin'
And I'm feeling kinda confused
So little girls here
The ratio is eight to two
Then I heard my favorite tune

And a Miley song was on
And a Miley song was on
And a Miley song was on

(Chorus)
So I put my hands up
I know that song
Atlases fly away
Pick out that book like 'Yeah'
Check out that book like 'Yeah'
I got my hands up
I know that song
I know I'm not gonna study
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library

Get to the back with my atlas map
Everybody's lookin' at me now
Like "Who's that jock thats rockin' crocs he's gotta be from out of town"
So hard with my boys not around me
They were all too busy playing that Halo 3
'Cause all I see is non-fiction
Where can I find Edward Cullen

My tummy's turnin'
But I have some really good news
I met some girls here
And some really cool dudes
And one of them dropped my favorite tune

And a Taylor song was on
Then Kanye came along
Then a Beyonce song came on

(Chorus)
So I put my hands up
I know that song
Atlases fly away
Pick out that book like 'Yeah'
Check out that book like 'Yeah'
I got my hands up
I know that song
I know I'm not gonna study
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library

Feel like hoppin' on a bike
Back to my homies tonight
Something stops me everytime
The librarian plays my song and I feel alright!

So I put my hands up
I know that song
Atlases fly away
Pick out that book like 'Yeah'
Check out that book like 'Yeah'
I got my hands up
I know that song
I know I'm not gonna study
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library

So I put my hands up
I know that song
Atlases fly away
Pick out that book like 'Yeah'
Check out that book like 'Yeah'
I got my hands up
I know that song
I know I'm not gonna study
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library
Yeah
It's a Party in the Library!

iPod Version:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQLFUIMH
Tags: party library miley cyrus tobi aremu funny kanye west taylor swift edward cullen usa parody
Added: 3 years ago
From: tobiaremu
Views: 884,943

[scene opens inside the Northview High School library, as students are quietly sitting and reading while a young female librarian types at her computer at the front desk]
[cut to a car pulling up to the student parking lot, then cut to a young male student clutches his backpack in the driver's seat]
TOBI: I hopped out the car at NHS, it's time to start studyin' ...
[cut to Tobi walking into the library]
TOBI: Welcome to the land of books and maps ...
[cut to a closeup of his face]
TOBI: Whoa! Am I gonna fit in?
[cut to Tobi sitting down at one of the tables]
TOBI: Jumped in a seat, here I am for the first time. Look to my right, and I see a "Do Not Talk" sign! This is all so crazy ... There's a guy named Shamus!
[the camera pans over to another male student sitting at the table (holding his book upside down), then cut to another shot of Tobi sitting down]
TOBI: My tummy's turnin' and I'm feeling kinda confused ...
["Boys 8, Girls 2" appears on screen]
TOBI: So little girls here, the ratio is eight-two ...
[he puts his head down]
TOBI: But then I heard my favorite tune, and a Miley song was on!
[he slowly brings his head up]
TOBI: [in voice over] And a Miley song was on ...
[he quickly turns his head to the camera]
TOBI: And a Miley song was on!
[cut to Tobi getting up and standing on the table]
TOBI: So I put my hands up! I know that song, atlases fly away ...
[he puts his hands together and flaps them like a bird (or the pages of a book mimicking a bird)]
TOBI: Pick out that book like "Yeah!"
[he gives a double thumbs up, then pantomimes handing a book to someone]
TOBI: Check out that book like "Yeah!"
[he begins walking along the table (as the other students look at him in shock)]
TOBI: I got my hands up, I know that song, I know I'm not gonna study! Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library! Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library!
[he jumps off the table, then cut to him clutching a copy of "Oxford Atlas of the World"]
TOBI: Get to the back with my atlas map ...
[cut to all of the students turning and staring at the camera with strange looks on their faces (the librarian also looks from the front of the room), then back to Tobi]
TOBI: Everybody's lookin' at me now! Like "Who's that jock that's rockin' crocs ... "
[cut to a closeup of his pink crocs, then back to Tobi]
TOBI: "He's gotta be from outta town!"
[cut to Tobi walking around the library]
TOBI: So hard with my boys not around me ... They're all too busy playing that Halo 3!
[he holds up three fingers, then cut to Tobi pointing at a row of encyclopedias]
TOBI: 'Cause all I see is non-fiction ...
[he holds up a copy of "Twilight"]
TOBI: Where can I find Edward Cullen?
[cut to a closeup of Tobi's face]
TOBI: My tummy's turnin', but I have some really good news ...
[the camera pans out to reveal two guys sitting on Tobi's left, and two girls sitting on his right]
TOBI: I met some girls here, and some really cool dudes!
[cut to a closeup of Tobi]
TOBI: And one of them dropped my favorite tune, and a Taylor song was on! Then Kanye came along! Then a Beyonce song came on!
[cut to Tobi standing in the middle of the library, as all of the students join him in dancing]
TOBI: So I put my hands up! I know that song, atlases fly away ...
[they all do the "flapping bird wings" hand motion]
TOBI: Pick out that book like "Yeah!" Check out that book like "Yeah!"
[cut to another shot of Tobi, as all of the students get out of their seats and continue dancing]
TOBI: I got my hands up, I know that song, I know I'm not gonna study! Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library! Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library!
[cut to Tobi standing in the library, as two groups of students on either side of him twirl around while holding up books]
TOBI: Feel like hoppin' on a bike, back to my homies tonight ...
[cut to a closeup of the students (who all have wide-eyed crazed looks on their faces)]
TOBI: Something stops me everytime ... Librarian plays my song and I feel alri-iii-ight!
[cut to Tobi and the students (and even the librarian!) all standing on top of the tables and waving their hands in the air]
TOBI: So I put my hands up! I know that song, atlases fly away ...
[they all do the "flapping bird wings" hand motion]
TOBI: Pick out that book like "Yeah!" Check out that book like "Yeah!"
[cut to a male student sitting and reading a book (while holding it upside down]
TOBI: [in voice over] I got my hands up, I know that song ...
[cut to a female student standing in the middle of the library and twirling around]
TOBI: [in voice over] I know I'm not gonna study!
[cut to a closeup of a male student writing something down]
TOBI: [in voice over] Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library!
[cut to a group of students sitting at a table and passing books from one person to the other]
TOBI: [in voice over] Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library!
[cut to Tobi and the students doing the "booty pop" dance]
TOBI: [in voice over] So I put my hands up!
[cut to Tobi and the librarian joining the other students in line as they sit and pass books from one person to the next]
TOBI: [in voice over] I know that song, atlases fly away ...
[cut to Tobi standing in the library, as a female student comes up beside him holding a piece of paper that reads "Holy Bible"]
TOBI: Pick out that book like "Yeah!"
[another female student comes up on the other side of him, holding a piece of paper that reads "Torah"]
TOBI: Check out that book like "Yeah!"
[cut to Tobi and all of the students (and the librarian) dancing in the middle of the library]
TOBI: I got my hands up, I know that song, I know I'm not gonna stud-ay! Yea-ah-eah! It's a party in the library! Yea-ah-eah ....
ALL: It's a party in the library!
[everybody cheers and high-fives, as "The End" appears on screen]

---

From libvidawards.com:

This inspirational library video by high school student Tobi Aremu helps all of us to recognize that you don't need to have a Julliard-trained voice in order to make an awesome library music video. You've got some strong library feelings? Belt them out!

Paying homage to the Miley Cyrus ditty "Party in the USA," we learn that you can also party in the library. Of course, we librarians know that every day is a party in the library!

It's nominated in two categories: Best Musical and Best Spoof.

No comments:

Post a Comment